Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

What to write...

I am playing around with what to write for the personal essay. I'm afraid I don't know how to not be overly dramatic when dealing with any mildly dramatic material. Maybe I just won't write about anything dramatic....? Is the point to bore your reader to tears? If so I think i'll write about what I spend my days doing. I can't even been funny about it, like those cool moms who make horrified confessions that they can't, after all, be perfect and despite their best efforts they gave in and let their kid have the toy/ binky/ happy meal they swore they wouldn't get for them. I spend my days doing dishes. running errands. taking care of my kids and not having anything close to a revelation about how perfect or imperfect I am as a mother. So, what shall i tell you about? Ironing? Would you like 500 words on my skills as an ironing-maiden. Kill me, why don't you?

No drama-rama. No bore/ snore. So, what are my other options? If I have to be entertaining.... I'm going to have to get a new life... and fast. I have to live it AND write about it by Sunday!

I'd better get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment