Search This Blog

Thursday, June 17, 2010


I posted on the angel site that I was feeling unsure about using "negative" experiences to write about, and Professor Pappas posted this: http://meredithhall.org/biography/interview1

All I had to read was Miss Hall says, "those obsessive images (the ones she sees in her mind over and over)... are about difficulties in our lives... these images are jarring to us because we're not at peace with them...writing is a way to come to terms with that."

That makes my mind up for me, that little comment, because I feel like this is something I want to take the time to dwell on for one selfish, uninterrupted moment and just purge my system. I'll just have to purge little by little. I wouldn't want to get it out, only to look down and realize I'd only made a mess of the page.

I feel hopeful, because really considering putting my time into this hurts my throat with a swelling so strong I had to bring my hand to it. I'm not expecting that the reader will be moved in the same way... but, if nothing else, I can put my hand down.


No comments:

Post a Comment