Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sentences

Our class assignment is to post sentences. I signed on here to post sentences. I tried to accept the invite to post sentences. Guess what I can't do???

Yup, you guessed it. Juggle.

or post sentences on the class blog... because I can't accept the invite. So, for now, i'll post my sentences here:

"The deeper the sorrow carves onto your being, the more joy you can contain." -Khalil Gibran

"Ever since happiness heard your name, it's been running through the streets trying to find you."- Hafiz

"When I was little I had a mood swing set"- Steven Wright

"Man is a complex being; he makes the deserts bloom and lakes die"- Gil Stern

"People in a temper often say a lot of silly, terrible things they mean'- Jane McCabe

"The best mind-altering drug is truth"-Lily Tomlin

"Everybody knows that you've been faithful give or take a night or two" -Leonard Cohen

Most of those are "sunbeams" from the Sun magazine http://www.thesunmagazine.org/

I could go on forever. But. I will wait until I can ramble properly, on the page that I want to.

3 comments:

  1. Love the title of the blog! And the sentences. Maybe you could add a link to Sun magazine? (It is available at least partly on line, isn't it?) Do you know how to do a hyperlink? (Copy the URL you want to link to; go to blog post; highlight the text you want to be the link; then when you get the pop-up box paste the link in.--I'll be doing another one of those video things shortly...) Also I need to figure out how to focus our weekly postings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops- when I say "go to blog post" I mean by clicking the "edit posts" link from dashboard, from inside the blog...don;t worry if it's not clear--hard to describe without showing screen shots...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know if you're going to show up to one of those optional classes and I'll teach you: http://hapappas.typepad.com/re_thinking_teaching_writ/2006/03/on_juggling.html

    ReplyDelete